The Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN) is holding its 6th international conference from June 21-25, 2020. This year it is fully online and registration for attendees is free while tickets last!
There is a combination of demos, research presentations, virtual tours, and panel discussions that span a wide variety of topics from people and organizations around the globe.
Plenary speakers include:
- Chris Dede, the Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education
- Nonny de la Peña, CEO and Founder, Emblematic Group
- Michael Mateas, Professor of Computational Media and Director of the Center for Games and Playable Media, University of California Santa Cruz
- Susan Persky, Head of Immersive Virtual Environment Test Unit, National Institutes of Health
- Maya Georgieva, Director of Education Futures and Director of the XReality Center, The New School
- Bryan Alexander, Futurist, and Senior Scholar at Georgetown University
In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to experience a variety of platforms. For those of us who have been trying to host XR community events, we can learn something new from the comfort of our homes!
Sampling of Showcases:
- ARientation (Japan)
- Designing Virtual Learning Spaces for the Future (United Kingdom)
- Magical and Mystery Tour around Cultural Heritage (Spain)
- IF Interactive Fashion (United States)
- See ALL Immersive Learning Showcases
iLRN’s 2020 conference theme emphasizes the need for clear vision in looking at scholarship and practice in the use of XR and immersive technologies for supporting learners and learning, through three main focal lenses:
- Hindsight: Remembering and respecting the history of our field
- Insight: Making sense of and navigating our current realities
- Foresight: Examining possible and probable futures while imagining and shaping those preferred ones
Hope to see you there!
Image capture of crystal cocoon by franc last