As the new year gets underway, it’s worth taking a few minutes to review and appreciate everything our growing PennImmersive community accomplished since July. For those who like photos, you can flip through highlights below. If you prefer a list and numbers, those follow.
Thank you for bringing your energy, curiosity, and collegiality to this project. It has truly been a joy and we are excited to see what this new semester will bring.
If you have other accomplishments we can add to the list, please drop us a line!
Fall 2017 Activities
- PennImmersive Open House at Penn Libraries (7/6/17)
- Digital Research Fair at Penn Libraries (9/22/17)
- PennImmersive Fall Symposium (10/17/17)
- Games & Learning with Google Cardboard (10/17/17)
- PennImmersive Tech Open House (11/8/17)
- The Role of Virtual Reality and the Refugee’s Journey (11/16/17)
- Exploring VR with Google Cardboard
- Creating simple VR movies for Google Cardboard
- 3D Modeling Basics & 3D Printing Fundamentals
- Creating Mobile Augmented Reality with Zappar and Zap.Works (11/10/17,
- 3D Printing in Medicine & Bioengineering
- HoloLens Demo at the Penn Museum
- Experience VR with Oculus Rift in 116 WIC
- Pop-up Google Cardboard in WIC Lounge
- July 19, 2017
- October 5, 2017
- SCUE brainstorming session (10/22/17)
- #PennImmersive tweets
- #PennImmersive on Instagram
- Photo albums
- PennImmersive data & materials (in progress)
- Listserv subscribers: 243 (join)
- Blog posts: 22
Here’s to another great semester!